Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Alphabet Practice

I found this great link for the entire alphabet tracing worksheets. Each has a coloring picture on it with a Halloween theme. These are block letters and have uppercase and lowercase on each sheet.

Every time Augusta traced the letter A, I would give her a letter A sticker. It was motivation for her to keep tracing and practicing. We used the foam alphabet stickers in Halloween colors. She was able to take the backing off and put them on her worksheet by herself. They're also the perfect size to fit on top of the letters she had just traced.

Augusta worked on the letter A while I played a Clifford the Big Red Dog CD. I used the following songs: A to Z with Clifford, Now I Know My ABC's, The Happy ABC's, Old MacDonald's Spelling Farm, and 26 Letters in the Alphabet. These are all really easy songs. By the end of each, she was singing along. Each song is $0.99 through iTunes or $3.99 for the whole CD. Dollar Tree also has this CD for only a $1.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment